CISM (Certified Information Security Manager) is a key certification for information security professionals who manage, design, oversee and assess enterprise information security. This CISM course, closely aligned with ISACA best practices, will enable you to define and design enterprise security architecture, achieve IT compliance and governance, deliver reliable service to customers and understand how IT security systems can contribute to broader business goals and objectives.
- 16 hours of high-quality e-learning content
- 16 CPE’s offered
- Exam Voucher
- 8X higher interaction in live online classes conducted by industry experts
- ISACA Accredited Instructors
- Lifetime access to high-quality self-paced e-learning content curated by industry experts
- 24×7 learner assistance and support
What are the course objectives?
- This CISM certification training from Unicat learning will give you the requisite Skillsets to design, deploy and manage security architecture for your organization. The course is aligned with ISACA best practices and is designed to help you pass the CISM exam on your first attempt. Enterprises and government agencies increasingly expect their IT professionals to hold a CISM certification, and it is considered essential to ongoing education and career development. This course will see that you are well-equipped to manage the ongoing security, compliance and governance of your IT organization.
What skills will you learn?
By the end of this training you will be able to:
- Define and design security architecture for your IT operation
- Develop a working knowledge of the four domains prescribed by the ISACA Exam Candidate Information Guide 2015
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the relationship between information security programs and broader business goals and objectives.
- Focus on IT compliance and the integrity of enterprise systems to establish a more secure enterprise IT framework
- Earn the requisite 16 CPEs required to take the CISM certification exam
- Acquire the relevant knowledge and skills required to pass the CISM certification exam
Who should take this course?
CISM certification is a globally recognized professional requirement in the IT Security domain. This certification is best suited for:
- Security consultants and managers
- IT directors and managers
- Security auditors and architects
- Security systems engineers
- Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs)
- Information security managers
- IS/IT consultants
- Chief Compliance/Privacy/Risk Officers
How do you become a CISM certified professional?
To become CISM certified, you must meet the following requirements:
- Successful completion of the CISM examination
- Adherence to the ISACA Code of Professional Ethics
- Agree to comply with the Continuing Education Policy
- Five years of work experience in the field of information security, three of which must be as an information security manager. Work experience must be gained in three of the four CISM domains. All information must be verified independently by employers.
- Submit an application for CISM certification within five years from the date of initially passing the exam
What are the prerequisites for CISM certification?
To become a CISM certified professional, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- A completed application must be submitted within 5 years from the date of initially passing the examination.
- All experience must be verified independently with employers.
- This experience must have been gained within the 10-year period preceding the application date for certification or within five years of passing the examination.
- Three (3) years of the five (5) years of work experience must be gained performing the role of an information security manager
- In addition, this work experience must be broad and gained in three (3) of the four (4) CISM® domains